– Pylon Network will take part in the European Energy Transition Conference in Geneva, Switzerland.
– From 30 January to 1 February 2018, this year’s title is “Cooperation: the key to success”.
– Pylon Network will be there and will participate in a discussion panel on Wed 31 January 2018.
The recognition of Pylon Network as a promising tool for the transition of our energy system comes once again – this time on a European level! We are honored and delighted for the invitation of Pylon Network in the next European Energy Transition Conference. Each year, the conference is organised by Energy Cities – European association of local authorities.
From 30 January to 1 February 2018, the 19th edition of assises (https://www.assises-energie.net/en/) will take place for the first time in the cross-border territory of the Grand Genève. This year’s title is “Cooperation: the key to success” – and Pylon Network, having cooperation at its core, will take the challenge to present to mainstream energy actors the possible disruptions to-come in the energy sector.
This year, 3000 participants – elected representatives, players involved in sustainable energy and climate plans, heads of local authority departments, businesses and civil society – will gather to analyse current challenges, take part in debates, exchange viewpoints and discuss the practice-changing trends under way.
Our COO, Markos Romanos, will participate in the discussion session entitled “The storage revolution: what is the potential for cities and local areas?” on Wednesday 31st January 2018. He will be joining the rest of the panelists:
– Christian Buchel – Chairman of the European Distribution System Operators’ (EDSO) Association, Deputy CEO of Enedis
– Thierry Trouve – CEO of GRTgaz
– Gabrielle Gauthey – Director of Investments and Local Development of Caisse des Dépôts.
(More info on panel session: here )
The participation in a conference of such scale is of great importance for us – for many reasons: it is an international and highly influential channel to spread the word about our international project, it is a recognition of the importance and initial signs of of our work until now and finally, an additional motivation for continuing our work in the same direction.
And this is exactly what we are going to do!
We are can’t wait for this – see you in Geneva!
#Peace #Love and #Renewables